SOLVED

Is it possible to know the total number of libraries in a SharePoint site?

Copper Contributor

Hello All,

I have a site with a number of libraries created, so I was wondering if there is a way I can know the total number of libraries created without scrolling down and manually counting.

Thanks.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Omaphil1890 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Omaphil1890 There is no SharePoint out the box way to get the count of document libraries in site.

However, you can use SharePoint REST API (or PowerShell) to get all document libraries like:

<your_site_url>/_api/Web/Lists?$filter=BaseTemplate eq 101

Or you can use browser find/search like this: 

ganeshsanap_0-1635753625816.png

Hopefully it will give you the correct count of document libraries.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap Thanks for the response.

I was able to search libraries within a SharePoint site but could not use the SharePoint REST API (or PowerShell) code for the fetching of all document libraries. I will appreciate if you can give a step-by-step guide on this.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Omaphil1890 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Omaphil1890 There is no SharePoint out the box way to get the count of document libraries in site.

However, you can use SharePoint REST API (or PowerShell) to get all document libraries like:

<your_site_url>/_api/Web/Lists?$filter=BaseTemplate eq 101

Or you can use browser find/search like this: 

ganeshsanap_0-1635753625816.png

Hopefully it will give you the correct count of document libraries.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post