Invite people to site: default no invitation email?

Brass Contributor
Hi. When i give rights to a group of accounts (for example all employees) the option to send an email to this employees is default set to yes. Is it possible to disable this option? (I sometimes forget to uncheck the 'send an invitation email' option, so all employees receive an email, like this morning ; ) Best regards, henk.
8 Replies
AFAIK, there is not a setting that allows you to unchcke the invitation e-mail so you must remember to uncheck when sharing it using the UI
Ok, thnx for responding. Not a big deal, i almost always remember to uncheck it...

This is something that I would like as well. Perhaps a post to the user group would help.

Hello Beth, kinda new here. Can you tell what you mean with 'user group'? best regards, henk.

The SharePoint User Voice allows users/developers/etc. to give feedback on the product. You can post things that you either don't like or you can give suggestions for things you would like to see implemented. You can also vote for the ones that are there. The more votes an entry gets, the more attention it gets. URL below:

https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/

I would definitely get in on that one. I hate that this is a defaulted setting. I specifically came to this community conversation with the hope that someone knew how to disable it. Well, I guess I got my answer.

Thank you so much...maybe now I'll be able to remember to remove it when doing batch group permission changes.

This can be so unnerving when you get 100+ emails after doing internal back-end cleaning for a major Site.
Indeed, that would be really useful!
Does anyone know if there are plans to configure another default behaviour in the future?

We have a org-wide group consisting of 10.000+ accounts which can be granted permissions within SharePoint. When this happens, every single user gets an invitation e-mail which is really disturbing. I guess currently we can only configure any mailflow rule on the Exchange side to prevent such things in the future...