Intranet blank white right space

Copper Contributor

Please help out, how to remove blank white space at right side of the page?

On my intranet modern company page I have promoted links that leads to different sites of the company.

The layout is divided in 3 columns, and then on right is a huge white empty space that looks terrible.

Also is there a way to shrink entire page, so it doesn't go all the way left and right, to narrow it?

Thank you

BR
Slaven

11 Replies

@slavenqx Can you provide what version of SharePoint you are using and if you are using Modern or Classic User Experience?

I'm having trouble understanding what you need, you want to remove white space from the side, but then you want to narrow the page... which would just add the white space back. 

Can you clarify?

@Beau Cameron 

Its O365 sharepoint, and this is modern page.

Those are two questions.

So first how to remove right blank space, I have a layout that divides page on 3 parts, but there is a blank white space.

Second question, in general is it possible to narrow width of entire page

@slavenqx are you able to give us a screenshot of the page? I've not noticed this problem.

No it's not possible to narrow down the width of the entire page.

Rob
Los Gallardos

Microsoft Flow Community Super User

@RobElliott 

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_1.png

Thanks for reply

Unfortunately there is no supported way to remove or reposition this on a Modern Office 365 Team site.

@Beau Cameron thanks for reply

How is then possible to see pages like this, where content is normal across whole page?

https://sharepointlookbook.azurewebsites.net/#examples

@slavenqx the sites in the examples you give are communication sites which you should be able to create unless your tenant admin has restricted the ability to do that yourself (as they have with us, we have to request them). 

I've not seen a site/page like yours do that before in modern SharePoint. Have you tried deleting the page and re-creating it?

Rob
Los Gallardos

Well I have inherited maintaining home page in the company.

This "home" page is just site page under the root.

So I can easily create something new to make a new home intranet page.

What exactly must I do not to have same issues like this and to be able to design it properly :) ?

@slavenqx Yea so what you are seeing is that the Root site is a Team Site, which doesn't have the "full width" pages that modern communication sites do. 

Soon, we'll be able to convert the root site into a modern site... but what most companies have been doing is to create the Intranet in a different site collection as a Communication Site... and redirect users from the root site to this Communication site.

@slavenqx I'd be willing to be your monitor screen resolution is much higher than the one that was used for the screenshots on the look book. That's a factor, too.

@Kevin Crossman  oh I have 2 laptop's, I connect them to monitors, there are over 200 people in the firm with different configurations so its same with everybody