Integration of company departments in SharePoint

Iron Contributor

I have an organization with several departments: marketing, sales, warehouse, purchasing etc. How can I integrate these departments in SharePoint? Should be there a main site for the organization and sub sites for the departments?
In each site should be added specific metadata, for example in the warehouse will be inventory quantities. If the inventory is below the minimal quantity there will be an alert. How can the other department, for example the purchasing see this alert as well, so that he can initiate a purchase order?

2 Replies

@AtanasM You should probably have one communications site for the top level all-company information and set that as a hub site so you can then associate the departmental sites to it. Don't use subsites, even Microsoft don't recommend that now, but use sites associated to the hub site. They will inherit the design and all have the same top menu. News from the indivivual department sites can flow up to the all-company top site news web part.

For the inventory alerts you could use a flow in Power Automate to send out an alert email to the relevant person.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint, Website and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@RobElliott I need bigger integration, not only news. How can I integrate metadata columns from an associated site in a hub site? Can you provide the related steps?