SOLVED

InlineFieldEdit on choice column not working anymore?

Copper Contributor

Hello, 

I have a big list on my Sharepoint online tenant. Within that list I have one column named Status. It is a regular choice column.
I had formatted the column so that I could change the column directly with inlineFieldEdit.

In a recent Edge update the inlineFieldEdit is bugged. I can select the item and a menu with a list of choices opens like before. However the menu closes instantly.

Here is the formatting JSON code I use for the column.

{
"elmType": "div",
"inlineEditField": "[$Status]",
"txtContent": "[$Status]"
}

Has anyone experienced this?
3 Replies
best response confirmed by Gassmund (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Gassmund I just tried this on our SharePoint site and it is working fine for me on both Edge and Chrome browser. I am using Edge Version 112.0.1722.48

Also, it is better to use @currentField instead of internal name of your column to avoid any mistakes like: 

{
  "$schema": "https://developer.microsoft.com/json-schemas/sp/v2/column-formatting.schema.json",
  "inlineEditField": "@currentField",
  "txtContent": "@currentField"
}

If only one user is facing this issue, ask them to clear browser cache/cookies (for all time) and see if it works.

If still it is not working, raise support ticket with Microsoft directly and report this behavior: Get M365 Support - Online Support 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

Thanks for your answer.

I have tried clearing browser cache/cookies.
Tried Windows 11 and Windows 10.
Multiple different users.
I have the same Edge version.

After messing around with list settings. It only happens when the column is set to "Radio Buttons". If I select "Drop-Down Menu" it works fine.

@Gassmund I just tried this with Radio buttons settings and I am seeing the same behavior both on Google chrome and Edge browser.

Seems like some problem at Microsoft's end. I will suggest you to raise a support ticket with Microsoft directly and report this behavior, follow: Get M365 support - online support 

Please consider giving Like if my post helped you in any way. For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Gassmund (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Gassmund I just tried this on our SharePoint site and it is working fine for me on both Edge and Chrome browser. I am using Edge Version 112.0.1722.48

Also, it is better to use @currentField instead of internal name of your column to avoid any mistakes like: 

{
  "$schema": "https://developer.microsoft.com/json-schemas/sp/v2/column-formatting.schema.json",
  "inlineEditField": "@currentField",
  "txtContent": "@currentField"
}

If only one user is facing this issue, ask them to clear browser cache/cookies (for all time) and see if it works.

If still it is not working, raise support ticket with Microsoft directly and report this behavior: Get M365 Support - Online Support 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

View solution in original post