SOLVED

InfoPath Services SharePoint 2016

Copper Contributor

Greetings,

If one is still using InfoPath (no dissin now) and is going to install SharePoint 2016; I assume that the Enterprise Version would need to be installed so InfoPath Services can be used; correct?  Would the user still have to have InfoPath installed on their desktop?

4 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
Yes, you will need to install SharePoint Server 2016 Enterprise in order to have InfoPath Forms Services. The user will need InfoPath installed only for cursomizing published forms....He/she will not need it to use a form published in InfoPath Forms Services
Thank for your speedy reply!

Question?  How are people keeping InfoPath (Office 2013) updated with fixes and patches after they have rolled to Office 2016?  We are on 2016 rolling semi-annual and the targeted channels to the users.  So my question is this, how are other companies rolling out the fixes and patches to the 2013 piece needed to keep InfoPath current alongside 2016?

@Juan Carlos González Martín is Infopath used in SharePoint 2019? if i want to install in SPFarm how to do it any steps? Please help 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
Yes, you will need to install SharePoint Server 2016 Enterprise in order to have InfoPath Forms Services. The user will need InfoPath installed only for cursomizing published forms....He/she will not need it to use a form published in InfoPath Forms Services

View solution in original post