Infopath question

Brass Contributor

Greetings,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but in Infopath, I'm trying to populate an email field based on the employee name that is taken from a directory that user writes. Example:

Name: John Doe (user writes name)

Email: john.doe@email.com (this field auto populates with the corresponding email)

Are there any specific methods? I may be overlooking something and perhaps you guys may know something better.

Thanks in advanced.

2 Replies

Hello,

Yes, this is possible....

What's required is a common identifier from the form to the list containing the email address, ie the persons name. (assuming you have already created a data connection from the list to the form)?

basically -

Field on form(name) = Field in list(name)

return email address

I have used many times in the past - not a very detailed example, bit difficult to explain in writing without an example to walk through.

If need be I can create a walkthrough for you ?

Thanks

Hello,

I noticed your question is in relation to a infopath question I have: I'm trying to figure out how to auto populate fields based on conditions. So I have purchase order form that I'm creating where certain fields will auto populate based on what I select from a drop down box. The main condition is the supplier I choose, and what will auto populate will be the supplier's address, country, phone number, fax, the main contact, and so on. 

I attached the form for reference. I've been trying to create a rule that links to the supplier name field, where the condition is if that field contains a supplier name then "run these actions" which will display the correct address for that particular supplier. So I believe the rule type should be "Action", which then prompts the rule detail, which should be the field: which is the SupplierName field, and the value which would be the supplier's address. Although this is not displaying in the preview mode when I select the certain supplier from the drop down box.

Can you give me hand on how to do this correctly?

Thanks.