Individual PowerAutomate-Workflow in SharePoint Lists online

Copper Contributor

Hello all!

I have the following problem with Power Automate in relation with Sharepoint Lists online:

I have created an instant cloud flow on Power Automate and selected "For a selected item" as trigger/starting point. I then entered here both the website address and the corresponding list name of the desired Sharepoint List.

After I had successfully saved the flow, I tried to start the workflow by clicking on "automate" in my Sharepoint List. Unfortunately, no possible flow is displayed under "Automate".

So how can I add my own Power Automate flow to my Sharepoint List - regardless of whether it is an immediate flow or a scheduled flow - so that I can use the created flow for the entire list via "Automate"?

Many thanks in advance!

4 Replies

@Filou19 to trigger a flow from a selected item in a SharePoint list, add a single of text column  and format it with the following JSON, changing my flow ID to yours in the actionParams line.

{
  "$schema": "https://developer.microsoft.com/json-schemas/sp/v2/column-formatting.schema.json",
  "elmType": "button",
  "txtContent": "Run Flow",
  "customRowAction": {
    "action": "executeFlow",
    "actionParams": "{\"id\": \"355cfb96-ddc5-4911-956c-9705f7557ee5\"}"
  },
  "style": {
    "background-color": "#02767a",
    "color": "#ffffff",
    "outline": "transparent",
    "border-width": "1px",
    "border-style": "solid",
    "border-color": "transparent",
    "cursor": "pointer",
    "font-size": "12px"
  }
}

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Hi @RobElliot,
thanks a lot for your help! This has worked so far. Since I also want to add a planned flow for individual rows or the entire list, can you tell me how I can permanently add a planned workflow to my SharePoint list so that others without knowledge of PowerAutomate can easily add the flow behind each new row?

@Filou19 I just created a flow with For a selected item trigger, saved it successfully, refreshed SharePoint list browser tab few times (if not working clear cache/cookies), waited for few mins and my flow showed up under Automate menu.

Flow

ganeshsanap_0-1680079930443.pngList output

ganeshsanap_1-1680080095784.pngFlow run

ganeshsanap_2-1680080200245.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

Many thanks for your help @ganeshsanap! Is there also a solution for "planned workflows" when the SharePoint list is defined in the Flow via SharePoint HTML and "get items from this SharePoint list"?

Unfortunately, this hasn't worked so far when I tried it. Not even when I refreshed the browser tab of the list several times.