Import data from e-mails to Sharepoint lists

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I wonder what the easiest way is to set up an automated flow where specific information from automated mails I get daily is added automatically to a Sharepoint Online list. 

Both adding new items but then the advanced level were already existing items get updated with the updated information from these e-mails. That would mean certain that certain information in columns gets replaced.

Is this possible with Flow or PowerAutomate?

Hope I can get some help here or pointed in the right direction.

Thanks 

1 Reply
You might be able to write some heavily complex expressions that do string searching and pull out into variables and update SharePoint lists that way, but every e-mail would have to have a unique ID to do updating.

They do make connectors for this thou but it obviously costs some money to use but it'll save a bunch of time, just don't know how critical the issue is you are solving. Anyway, here is an article kind of covering what you are trying to do but they are writing to trello, you would just change that to a SharePoint list.

https://parserr-blog.azurewebsites.net/use-email-parser-software-microsoft-flow/#:~:text=%20How%20to...

Anyway, hope this helps.