Image Webpart that is not clickable. How to remove link?

Copper Contributor
Hello,

I’d like to thank you in advanced for your assistance.

I’d think something so basic would be easy to figure out, but I’ve been breaking my head with this all week and I’m now at a dead end.

I have a normal page in a communication site and I would like to add an image without a link and which is not clickable. Just an image to be displayed. I’m currently using the image we parts but although I do not add a link, the user can still click on it, and the image enlarges. How do I disable this,

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.
14 Replies

Same question - ridiculous that we even have to ask this...

Sadly, I don't think this is possible OOTB.
This is really quite frustrating that such a simple functionality doesn't exist. How hard is it to just add a toggle that says "no link"

The image web part should include a on/off toggle to make the image clickable - because when clickable the cursor changes which signals the user that clicking will take them somewhere.  Sometimes we just want to display an image.  UX 101... this should be an easy and fast fix.  Comments for a year now. :\

@James Redmore @katzgroup @Micah Haarbrink @jefmeyer @matt howell 

Thank you all for your replies. This is not possible as of now using SharePoint OOTB functionalities.

This is much anticipated feature by many customers & it should be implemented by Microsoft.

I have created a new idea/feedback on SharePoint feedback portal for the same problem. I would request you all to vote on this idea so that Microsoft will notice it & implement it in near future.

Link to ideaMake image web part non-clickable, remove default link to image itself 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap there is a way using the markdown webpart as shown in this thread https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/786164/how-do-i-remove-graident-hover-effect-from...

Extract below - 

Please try to use markdown webpart to add a picture. You can insert a linked picture like this:

![Alt Text](url/of/the/picture)]

This does mean uploading any images to a library on your site and then copying the url but seems to get round the issue of the image being clickable

Thanks for this work around! It did work for me.

It used to be that images in text web parts weren't clickable. Now they are, which is awful.

@katzgroup 

@SFen90 

I apologize but I'm unsure of how to add your workaround, I attempted to upload the image with a link from the photo stored in a site asset folder and using it as the link but it won't let me save anything that doesn't start with "http". I'm also trying to remove the ability to click or any changes when hovering over a logo. Thank you!

Aaron Marks

@Sublimer677 Try this:

1. Upload the image to any SharePoint library you want
  2. Copy the direct link to image file using the steps given in my answer at: Uploading files in SharePoint 
  3. Use this image URL in Markdown web part in SharePoint to add images on SharePoint page.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

While we grow old waiting for Msft to even acknowledge this is a poor implementation, I suggest you try using the embed web part. Not ideal, but if you add a SP hosted image url in an embed web part, you get the image with no link. You can also add iframe code there if you want to manipulate image dimensions etc. Why Msft thinks thinks it's a good idea for an image to open in a pop up when NO OTHER cms does this, I've no idea. 

Now spacing under images embedded in Text web parts has shrunk. I hate when MS changes styles! Add new options, don't change Normal!

@matt howell @CaroleSL 

I have submitted feedback for this on SharePoint feedback portal and Microsoft is considering to change this feature in near future (no ETA as of now).

I will request you to check this feedback and vote on it so that Microsoft will prioritize this in near future, thanks!

Make image web part non-clickable, remove default link to image itself