Image Map or Excel sheet with hyperlinks?

Steel Contributor

The Architecture department is about to go through an accreditation review. I've been working on a SharePoint site to serve as a repository for the review team. Because the program has dozens of courses and hundreds of items of student evidence related to one or more of a couple dozen criteria, I've created a number of template-type pages with query string filters to show specific content. 

One element that they require, though, is proving more difficult than expected. They have a "matrix" that correlates criteria to courses in order to identify and easily surface the appropriate content. See the attached screen grab. Right now, this is an Excel file. I've added hyperlinks to certain cells in the file and put it into an Excel viewer web part (with the 'Hyperlinks' option checked in the WP Settings), but the links are not clickable. We were able to create an image map (using Dreamweaver) and insert that on a page in SP2010 (have not tried in SPO yet), but creating/updating that image map would be a nightmare.

So, I'd like to figure out why the hyperlinks in the Excel web part aren't working as expected. Is there some special voodoo required to make these work in SharePoint Online (e.g.: security settings, etc.)? All of the URLs I'm using are absolute and they are internal (links to pages in the current site). 

I've scoured the web for an answer, and maybe it's out there, but I can't find it. Any help would be appreciated!

--

Chad Kealey

Drexel University

0 Replies