Image Gallery Webpart - how to make it dynamic?

Iron Contributor

Hi, I'm trying to use the Image Gallery Webpart on a modern team site. In the setting there is a feature described as "Dynamically display images from a document library"

I tried using that expecting it to be... well dynamic in at least some sense (e.g. randomize the pictures displayed, or slowly sift through the available images in the library). But no it only displays the exact same picures in the exact same place all the time. It doesn't help to refresh the page or anything.

Am I missing something? Can't really see the point with this setting otherwise.

4 Replies

@Erik Wettergren Hi, i have just tested and if the web part is set to layout 'Carousel' it does work for me.  

Thanks! But if I try the same it is still the same pictures in the same order.

Just wanted to feedback my findings after having opened a case with MS support on this one (in case anyone else wonders).

MS support confirmed that there is absolutley nothing dynamic about this setting, regardless of what layout is chosen, it will display all images in exactly the same order every time.

They wouldn't call it a bug (however, I would) - but confirmed that this was the behaviour on several tested accounts, machines and tenants.

Any update on this issue?