IF Formula Add a Date if complete

Copper Contributor

I have a sharepoint this and I need to add the date and time when the status is changed to complete. At the moment the person who is editing the status is manually adding the date and i want this to just add it automatically I have tried all sorts of formulas and nothing seems to work (I am not hte best at IF formulas) 

Currently I have:

=IF([Status - Jul]="Complete",NOW())

This just adds No to all columns and numbers to the complete columns. I need to use NOW as I need date and time, I am sure this should be easy but I dont seem to get it right.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

2 Replies

@LornaB your formula won't work because you haven't told it what to do if it doesn't equal Completed. Try this: =IF([Completion Date - Jul]="Completed",NOW(),"") which will leave the column empty if the Completion Date - Jul column is anything other than "Completed"

In my case I have to add 8 hours because the Now() function always returns the date/time in UTC whatever the regional settings are set to. So my formula is =IF([Completion Date - Jul]="Completed",NOW()+(8/24),"") 

NOW-function.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@RobElliott 

Thank you very much for this, I have managed to get it to work as I was also meant to point it at the Status column I realised as that is where it states complete 

=IF([Status - Jul]="Complete",NOW()+(8/24))

thank you for the tip regarding the time that was super helpful as I would never have got that