Identify Suspended SharePoint Workflows

Copper Contributor

I have a workflow I built in SharePoint Designer.

Starts on edit.

1 stage, with 2 steps.

Basically, each step uses an App Step to send an email if certain criteria is met, then updates a field to notate the mail was sent.

The workflow functions successfully most of the time.

However, sometimes it gets suspended.

When this happens, if the items is edited again the suspended workflow hinders the same workflow from running again. It is perpetually "stuck" until I identify it, at which point I have to manually end the workflow and then I have to manually edit the item to make the workflow run again.

Due to the volume of records in the SharePoint list, and 2 different workflows running whenever an item is edited, the overall Workflow Health is not a viable solution to monitor the workflows since it only shows 100 workflows (the last 100 workflows I assume).

Outside of building more views to look for records that "should have" been updated by the workflow, or building an SSRS report with a subscription (I am copying the list via ETL each night to our datamart)...

Does anyone have any ideas on how to identify suspended workflows?

Thanks you, H Cole

1 Reply

@HCole718 

Hello,

Microsoft suspends the SharePoint designer, I highly recommend to migrate your form to PowerApps.

https://microsoft365.today/microsoft-365/powerapps/sharepoint-designer-feature-deprecation/