I got that i will have Read permission on the sharepoint Calendar list when connecting it to outlook

Steel Contributor

I have a SharePoint Classic Team site inside Sharepoint online. and inside the team site i have added a calendar list, and i have full control on the SharePoint site and the calendar. now i click on "Connect to outlook", to connect the sharepoint calendar with outlook, as follow:-then inside the dialog which i got >> i click on Advance >> where i got that i will have Read permission on the list, as follow:-so what does Read permission refer to? as i have Full Control permission on the sharepoint calendar list and on the sharepoint site (i am the site collection admin)?

Regards

5 Replies
That doesn’t look like a standard calendar sync option. When you connect to it you should see a calendar tab on SharePoint side. It shouldn’t say list or the list isn’t a calendar template.

@Chris Webb  I did not get your point, on what do you exactly mean by it looks like it is not a standard calendar? here is the option inside the tab, i just show the icon i used:-also after you click on the above icon >> click on Advance button then you will get the dialog which show that i will have d permission on the list...

@john john I never click advanced, Just tried, that's just normal terminology for the connection, it has nothing to do with your actual permissions to the list. 

Honestly don't even think this sync works anymore. I can't get any of my calendars to sync properly.

@Chris Webbthis option still working well,and it have 2 way sync, so if u add something inside SP it will get reflected inside outlook and the opposite side.. so this sync is working well and also it is available inside online sites... but my question is why i will get Read permission inside the dialogs, while i have full control on the SP calendar? in other words what does Read refer to?