SOLVED

Hyperlink column stopped displaying as Picture.

Iron Contributor

This has been working for a couple years and just stopped working today. I've confirmed that the option to Format URL is set to Picture. I've tried switching it to URL then back to Picture with no change. I've tried different web browsers. When I switch to Gallery view, the photos appear as they should. 

Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 12.36.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-16 at 12.37.07 PM.png

4 Replies
Really? No one can help with this?? Let's see how fast I get a response in reddit...
Hopefully you got an answer for this on reddit- I can't duplicate the issue. If I create a new list, you don't have the same options as there is an image field. I found a classic list that I created a few years ago that did have the option when I created a new hyperlink column, but it worked as expected with both an absolution and relative URL.
best response confirmed by Anthony-123 (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Hello @Anthony-123

you can use an column formatting on the picture column so you can show your picture instead of the url.

Try this:

{
"elmType": "a",
"attributes": {
"href": "@currentField",
"target": "_blank"
},
"children": [
{
"elmType": "img",
"style": {
"width": "150px"
},
"src": "@currentField"
}
}
]
}

Regards, Dave
Holy Moly! You've fixed it David!
Can't thank you enough. This is one of the very few times I've gotten a helpful resolution on these forums :)
Have an easy Friday!!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Anthony-123 (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Hello @Anthony-123

you can use an column formatting on the picture column so you can show your picture instead of the url.

Try this:

{
"elmType": "a",
"href": "@currentField",
"target": "_blank"
},
"children": [
{
"elmType": "img",
"style": {
"width": "150px"