Hub site stopped rolling up news from the associated pages.

Copper Contributor

We have a Hub site that has 5 associated sites, and the news articles was perfectly aggregated to the hub site until a couple of days ago, now suddenly no new articles from the associated sites gets rolled up to the hub site. But all the old news are still there.

It's the same users who have created news articles in the associated sites and successfully got them rolled up before that it doesn't work for now. But others users that are site owners has tried as well with no luck.

When I do a manual search in the hub site the old news show up, but not the new ones. And if I remove the site association, the old news from that site still shows up in "News on this and associated sites" when I do a manual search in the hub site.

I have even tried to remove all the site associations, unregistred the hub site, waited for a couple of hours, and registred the hub site again. When I've done that, and select "roll up news from all the associated sites" in the news web part, all the old news shows up again even though there is no associated sites at this point... It's like it is stuck or something?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

David

3 Replies
Did someone remove permissions for these folks making the news articles / viewing from the root site collection? That's been the common blunder causing hub site news issues lately. Other than that, sounds like your going to have to go check into reindexing your tenant search index.
I noticed the exact same thing as of a few days ago as well. Any input on this would be helpful. No permission changes have happened on my end, so not sure what/where to look next.
It seems like Microsoft is working on it, I saw this notification in the Administration Portal: "SP141856 - Problem searching new pages within SharePoint Online".