Hub Site Permission for Specific News/Events in General Category??

Brass Contributor

Hi there,

I have a problem regarding the hub site user access about News web part and Event.

My scenario:

1. There are 3 Sub Sites under main Communication site. i.e. Communication A - assigned users: User1, User2 and User3
  2. Sub sites called Sub1, Sub2, Sub3 (these are sub sites of Communication A) - sub site assigned user Sub1 as User1, Sub2 as User2 and Sub3 as User3.
  3. And there are another communication sites called Communication B(assigned User4) and Communication C(Assigned User5)
  4. That 3 communication sites are connected to Main Hub Site ( assigned User1,User2,User3,User4,User5)

My problem is there are 3 different user access to Communication sites. And there are News and Events, categorized to General for all users in Company organization. But I want to appear each site's News in General Category. In Hub Site only view in General item in each site. But problem is when User doesn't have permission to specific site also can't view Hub site General category item too.

i.e. Communication B site's General category News item will appear in Hub Site. How can it view all Users in Hub site not only User4? Would I use MS Flow to ignore this matter or how to use grant access to specific News items in General Category??

This problem only for News and Events in use of category option.

Any one have an option regarding this matter??

0 Replies