Hub site not working for all users

Copper Contributor

I stood up a hub site and it is working for my user and my 2 other administrators but, not for anyone else.  They can view the news and the events on their respective pages but, the hub only shows news for that site.  Even if I add a new webpart, and select the individual sites, it will not populate them into the webpart.  I have tried adding "everyone" as readers to the main site collection. I have disassociated the hub and re-associated the hub.  Interesting thing there - is that when I re-associated, all my previous associations came back - so not 100% certain that it really disassociated.  I also have events that are populating to the main hub and those are not working either. So, it appears to be a hub thing. I am using the "everyone" group as visitors in each of these sites. I haven't done any power shell commands to associate or work with the hub only used the administration panel.  Can anyone help?

1 Reply
Ok - I am set now. Perhaps things are just taking longer than usual... Here is what seemed to have worked for me.
1 - make sure rights are given to read for the primary site collection for everyone.
2 - disassociate and reassociate the hubsite
3 - grab a cocktail - just kidding :) (give it some time)
4 - I added another news webpart to the main page... doubt this made any difference but I confirmed it changed on my users page.
5 - I went and republished the news I had put out and the hub started flowing. All content and calenders synced.

Hope this helps someone!