SOLVED

How to View SharePoint Logs for File Upload Errors

Steel Contributor

I have to copy a LOT of files and folder to SharePoint from our physical server.  Because SharePoint online has new requirements for files, folders (characters and sizes) we have many that fail.  I can only see the ones that fail if I sit and watch the progress window, which is only a small area to the right and does not show the full file name.

Instead of having to monitor this in real-time, is there any logs I can review to see which files failed (with full name) so I can get a full list?

3 Replies
best response confirmed by luvsql (Steel Contributor)
Solution
Unfortunately there is not an out of the box to get this info so if you need it you have to choices:
(1) Create your custom upload stuff that allows you to log that information
(2) Use a migration tool that can also provide this information. Microsoft provides a free Migration Tool that could help here

The migration tool is fantastic! I thought it was just for migrating on-prem SharePoint.

@Juan Carlos González Martín 

Do you have a link to the free Microsoft Migration tool?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by luvsql (Steel Contributor)
Solution
Unfortunately there is not an out of the box to get this info so if you need it you have to choices:
(1) Create your custom upload stuff that allows you to log that information
(2) Use a migration tool that can also provide this information. Microsoft provides a free Migration Tool that could help here

View solution in original post