SOLVED

How to update automatically People Web Part

Copper Contributor

Hi, Is that possible to have People in people window updated automatically ? 

I mean that in Sharepoint Home tab, Where you have page there Teams can presets them and add a profile pictures, so i need to know is that possible to have automated update team so if some one new is joining team or leaving team, so it will update. 

That should get easy for have people updated on sharpoint page, so we don't need to do it manually it's easy to forget to remove or add someon on sharepoint. 

Br,

MR_BITNER

4 Replies

@MR_BITNER the People web part is static and can't be updated dynamically.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Thank you !! for replay@RobElliott 

best response confirmed by MR_BITNER (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@MR_BITNER No, you cannot add/remove users from people web part dynamically.

If you want to show the users dynamically, you have to develop the custom SPFx web part based on your requirements. Check below sample web parts which can help you to get started with:

1. People Directory 
  2. Microsoft Graph People Search 

Similar threadAuto Remove Termed Employees from People Webpart 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@MR_BITNER I found a blog that might be helpful to you. Add profiles to People web part – Expiscornovus

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MR_BITNER (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@MR_BITNER No, you cannot add/remove users from people web part dynamically.

If you want to show the users dynamically, you have to develop the custom SPFx web part based on your requirements. Check below sample web parts which can help you to get started with:

1. People Directory 
  2. Microsoft Graph People Search 

Similar threadAuto Remove Termed Employees from People Webpart 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post