SOLVED

How to track when status change?

Copper Contributor

Hello, 

I would like to know if there is a way to track when a status is changed on SharePoint. For example:

I have a column set to display "New" when a new request comes in. Another user will then update the status to either "Pending," "Cancelled," or "Confirmed." I want to track how long it takes for the status to change ex. from "New" to "Confirmed." The goal is generate a report for auditing purpose. 

Thank you!! 

2 Replies
best response confirmed by shirokun (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@shirokun you will need to have a date column where the user enters the date the status was set to Confirmed. Then you could have a calculated column using the formula =IF(ISBLANK(Confirmed),"",(DATEDIF(Created,Confirmed,"D"))). 

An alternative would be to build a simple flow in Power Automate that only checks if the status column has changed AND the status is now confirmed. If it is then use the dateDifference() expression to get the number of days and update a number column in your llist.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User.
Principal Consultant, SharePoint and Power Platform WSP Global (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@Rob_Elliott Thank you so much! 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by shirokun (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@shirokun you will need to have a date column where the user enters the date the status was set to Confirmed. Then you could have a calculated column using the formula =IF(ISBLANK(Confirmed),"",(DATEDIF(Created,Confirmed,"D"))). 

An alternative would be to build a simple flow in Power Automate that only checks if the status column has changed AND the status is now confirmed. If it is then use the dateDifference() expression to get the number of days and update a number column in your llist.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User.
Principal Consultant, SharePoint and Power Platform WSP Global (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

View solution in original post