SOLVED

How to show the folder path of a document in a Document Set Library View

Copper Contributor
Hi,

I have created a document library which contains an unique content type named Project (based on the Document set content type).

I have created a flat view that only shows documents contained within the different Projects. However, I can not see with this view to which Project each document belongs.

Is there a way to add this information into my flat view ?

Thanks,

Arioule

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Arioule (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Arioule 

I'm personally not aware of a way to do this via SharePoint columns, but there are articles with workarounds to the problem like using Power Automate to help populate these sorts of details.

E.g. How to show the folder path of a file in library views – SharePoint Stuff

If someone actually knows a way to do this from SharePoint, I'd be interested in hearing it too!

Cheers

Damien

Just following to see if anyone figured out how enable the Path column in as SPO Library?
Either using powershell or column formatting
In case anyone else happens upon this after early 2024 when I came across it, please consider upvoting this MS Feedback Portal item to draw attention to this needed functionality:

https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/d5775a73-c6d1-ee11-92be-000d3a0e6cad
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Arioule (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Arioule 

I'm personally not aware of a way to do this via SharePoint columns, but there are articles with workarounds to the problem like using Power Automate to help populate these sorts of details.

E.g. How to show the folder path of a file in library views – SharePoint Stuff

If someone actually knows a way to do this from SharePoint, I'd be interested in hearing it too!

Cheers

Damien

View solution in original post