SOLVED

How to show the difference of modification points in Sharepoint list

Copper Contributor

Now we use Sharepoint list with "Contents approval" function.

By this function, the approver can choose pending lists, but can't realize which columns are modified.

The best is to let the approver see "Before" and "After" contents in the modified column. Is there some way to materialize this in Sharepoint function? Otherwise, need to develop the extended app by Powerapps?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by kenjoy84 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @kenjoy84 - there's likely several ways to handle this. One could be to add another field to the list so you have a column with 'old' and one with 'new'. Use a flow to write the value to the old field. You'd have to write over the 'old' with each change so you'd only see the most recent comparison. 

If you need the entire history, you could set up a separate list (direct copy of current) to use as a historical log. Each time a change is made, all new values get written to the historical log. Users could then filter/sort that list to see all the changes to a line item over time.

Hope that helps.,

@Kelly_Edinger Hi Kelly, Thank you for your thought. I understood what you said, thank you! Still, I am wondering how to show to the user in the case of bulk data changes on many rows simultaneously, but I think I can do that somehow. Thank you very much.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by kenjoy84 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @kenjoy84 - there's likely several ways to handle this. One could be to add another field to the list so you have a column with 'old' and one with 'new'. Use a flow to write the value to the old field. You'd have to write over the 'old' with each change so you'd only see the most recent comparison. 

If you need the entire history, you could set up a separate list (direct copy of current) to use as a historical log. Each time a change is made, all new values get written to the historical log. Users could then filter/sort that list to see all the changes to a line item over time.

Hope that helps.,

View solution in original post