How to share page templates in Modern Communication Sites?

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I would like to know if I can export a page template from a modern communication site and import it to a different one. I've seen that I can generate one template by saving the page as template and then when I create a new page I'm able to select it and create from it. Nevertheless, I would like to know if I can put that template in a different communication site so I don't have to create again manually across all my sites.

I've tested the following things:

1. Download the .aspx of the page template and tried to import it to different SitePages library, but I got an "Access Denied" message, eventhough I executed the following sentence: Set-SPOSite -Identity <Site URL> -DenyAddAndCustomizePages $false 
  2. Tried to import it using Sharepoint Designer but got the same "Access Denied" message
  3. Tried to import it using PnP with Add-PnpFile method but got the same Access Denid message
  4. Create a Hub site with a template and associate another site to it, expecting that the hub site share page templates, but it don't share it

Another solution that can work for me is to create a SiteScript with those pages layout, but it seems that is not possible at the moment.

Any workaround that I can do to do it?

Thanks in advance

1 Reply

@Brandon_Victoria   I have run accross this same problem.  Did you ever figure anything out?  I was thinking of creating a content type with its default template pointing to my design. I'm not sure if this is the "old" way of doing things though...