How to restrict access to SharePoint List

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I have I am in the right place to, if not please do delete this post.

I have a sharepoint list, which only works as a "Backend" database for a PowerApp that I have created for our organizations internal use.

This SharePoint list contains information, which is considered confidential and should NOT be accessible to all as is the default for a sharepoint list.

I have tried to look everywhere and when I search for a solution I have read that there should be an option as the below under the "Advanced Settings" of a List:

large.png

However, I do not see the above under the "Advanced Settings". This is what I see:

AdvancedSettingsTabSP.JPG

5 Replies

Hi @AndersIskov - what type of list is being used for the backend database? Those settings should be available everywhere except Doc Libraries and Issue Trackers.

Hi @AndersIskov

As an administrator or owner of a library, list, or survey, you can change permissions to let the right people access the data they need data while restricting others.

Check if you have full control permissions!

Thank

@FabioO365GoDand @Kelly_Edinger ,

Thank you for your comments.

Maybe the issue is I am not the administrator of the organization in the first place?

If any of you would possibly know, would restricting access to the given SharePoint List also restrict them from accessing a PowerApp application as well?

@AndersIskov 

No, If activating the following option "Item-level Permissions", But if limiting access to a SharePoint list, the application could go wrong

Thank

Can you check if you have those options on a different list? They should be there without having to do any configuration