How to restrict access to List Settings

Copper Contributor

I created a SharePoint Team in MS Teams. The team is connected to a SharePoint site. To this site, I added a group calendar. I am listed in the Owners group. I added other people and they are listed in the members group. 

To my surprise people in the Members group have access to List Settings which means that they can even change the name of the List. 

How do I prevent people in the Members group from accessing List Settings without blocking them from using other features like "Connect to Outlook"?

1 Reply

@vincetaylor70 Any user having Edit or higher permissions on SharePoint list can access list settings. Try changing the permissions level of default members group in SharePoint site permissions.

But if you grant lower permissions than Edit, it might effect some other areas connected to Microsoft 365 group like you mentioned --> not completely sure though, you can try above approach.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.