How to move a list to another site?

Copper Contributor

Hi. 

I want to move my list to another site. I can't find the 'Save as template' option that most people refer to when giving a solution to this problem.

Can someone guide me on how to achieve this?

Thank you. 

4 Replies

@alfie_s when you are in the list click the gear at the top right and select List Settings. The Save list as template is the 2nd menu item under Permissions and Management.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@RobElliott 

Thank you for the help.

I have looked into this, and unfortunately the option for this is not there.

@alfie_s
Hi,
In Modern Team Sites and Communication Sites, by default when you create them, Custom Scripts is blocked because of which Save List/Library as template is not available in settings page. To enable you to save list as template, specific configurations are to be done in your SharePoint admin center (if not already done) and a specific PowerShell command to be run on the site where you would like to save list as template as per below -
SharePoint Admin Center -
1. Navigate to the Settings page of the new SharePoint admin Center and sign in with an account that has SharePoint admin privileges.
2. At the bottom of the page, select classic settings page.
3. In Custom Script, select -
Allow users to run Custom Script on personal sites.
Allow users to run Custom Script on self-service created sites.
Save it and it can take up to 24 hours for the updates for your tenant.

To allow Save list as template for your specific site collection -
Run the below command in SharePoint Online Management Shell after connecting to your SharePoint tenant -
Set-SPOSite <SiteCollectionURL> -DenyAddAndCustomizePages 0

Thanks.

@Swaminathan Sriram 

I realize this is an old thread, but not that it is 2021 and the Classic Settings page has been deleted, is there another way to save a document library as a template so that it can be moved to another site/site collection?