How to make "samAccountName" searchable?

Copper Contributor

Hello!

We would like our users to be able to search for users "samAccountName" in SharePoint Online.

Since SharePoint Online doesn't have a property for this Active Directory attribute we have created a script that imports this information to a custom property called "SamAccountName" in Sharepoint.

Please see the pictures down below:

Edit User Profile.pngEdit User Profile Property.png

Since the information exists, how can I make this "property" searchable? From what I understand we should use "Managed Properties" and "Crawled Properties"? Is that correct, can someone please explain how this works?

Kind Regards,

Anthon

4 Replies

@NiteshRanjan wrote:
Yes that’s correct understanding. Please refer to the below article.
https://medium.com/plumsail/how-to-create-managed-search-property-for-user-profiles-in-office-365-as...

@NiteshRanjan Thank you so much for the answer, great article. I'll guess we just have to wait now. :)

@NiteshRanjan 

I've used the scripts to update all users and waited for over 7 hours now. Should we wait more or did we do anything wrong? Don't really know what to expect. 

There is something wrong as it shouldn’t take this long. We’re you able to fetch your user profile property as creaked properties before we created a managed property?