SOLVED

How to make a Sharepoint site publicly available to everyone?

MVP

I want to make my Sharepoint site visible and available to everyone on the Internet, without the need to have to sign into Microsoft account.

I have made this configuration

Annotation 2019-11-14 230417.png

This site can be shared with anyone, including via anonymous access links

but still I can't get it to work. when I paste my site's URL in InPrivate mode in Edge, it asks for login.

7 Replies

@HotCakeX This is not possible in SharePoint Online. Access anonymously is only done through those anonymous access links via "share" functionality in SharePoint. Open/Public sites are not available.

@Beau Cameron 

Hi, thank you,
can I share my site with other people using personal Microsoft account? (@outlook.com)
because when I try to share my site, I get this message: "email@outlook.com is outside of your organization."

Annotation 2019-11-14 235153.png

my settings are like this in Sharepoint Admin center

Annotation 2019-11-14 235037.png

What am I missing?

best response confirmed by HotCakeX (MVP)
Solution

@HotCakeX Yes you can. That's not an error. It's just letting you know the user isn't a part of your organization. As long as they have a link, they will be able to enter.

Oh thank you, I don't know why I thought it was an error that wouldn't let me proceed. lol
Can I export somehow communication site to Zip etc and mount it on publicly accessible IIS10 website? I don't need user limited access, although it would be a nice feature. Or at least build there on IIS10 a site with all these wonderful tools using some Visual Studio extension? Marcin

@HotCakeX 

However, if you want to make your SharePoint site visible and available to everyone on the Internet, without the need to sign into a Microsoft account, it’s not possible in SharePoint Online. Access anonymously is only done through those anonymous access links via the “share” functionality in SharePoint. Open/Public sites are not available.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by HotCakeX (MVP)
Solution

@HotCakeX Yes you can. That's not an error. It's just letting you know the user isn't a part of your organization. As long as they have a link, they will be able to enter.

View solution in original post