How to hide "New item" title on SharePoint List Form?

Brass Contributor

Hi there,

I have a SharePoint List with a PowerApps customized list form, however when viewing the app on SharePoint full screen (via NewForm.aspx), it shows this annoying 'New item' title, that I can't seem to figure out how to remove.

There doesn't seem to be any settings, and I opened the site in File Explorer and looked at the NewForm.aspx file and couldn't find the title in the code.  Any help?

Capture.PNG

17 Replies
I do not experience this with my custom PowerApp form. Wondering if it's something with the list type, or possibly you are on standard release or a GCC tenant? I do have the additional "Copy Link" in my menu so I feel it might be a newer release in my tenant.

@JPJPJP I have the same but unfortunately there is no way to remove it or change the title.

Rob
Los Gallardos

Microsoft Flow Community Super User

@Chris WebbIt's not on the side window PowerApps form, but on the full page version of the PowerApps form. You can see that by going to your list, and changing "AllItems.aspx" to "NewForm.aspx" in the URL.  If you do that, you still don't see 'New item' above your form?

No I get it too. Not so sure you're going to be able to modify this page. Kind of seems like a bug to me, or something that def. needs to be revisited by the team that when it's a powerapps integrated form that title gets removed from the page.

@JPJPJP have you had any progress on this?  I have looking for a resolution as well.

@Rey_Hdz Sadly no... no one has responded and I haven't figured it out myself.  I don't think it's possible in the modern experience. If there is, I hope someone can share.

@JPJPJP 

You can achive this by formatting the Header using JSON

here is the code:

{
"elmType": "div",
"attributes": {
"class": "ms-borderColor-neutralTertiary"
},
"style": {
"width": "99%",
"border-top-width": "0px",
"border-bottom-width": "1px",
"border-left-width": "0px",
"border-right-width": "0px",
"border-style": "solid",
"margin-bottom": "16px"
},
"children": [
{
"display": "flex",
"box-sizing": "border-box",
"align-items": "center"
},
{
"iconName": " ",
"class": "ms-fontSize-42 ms-fontWeight-regular ms-fontColor-themePrimary",
"title": "Details"
},
"flex": "none",
"padding": "0px",
"padding-left": "0px",
"height": "36px"
}
}
]
},
{
"class": "ms-fontColor-neutralSecondary ms-fontWeight-bold ms-fontSize-24"
},
"box-sizing": "border-box",
"width": "100%",
"text-align": "left",
"padding": "21px 12px",
"overflow": "hidden"
},
{
"txtContent": " "
}
]
}
]
}

Please let me know if this could resolve your issue.Thanks.

thanks. working for me. you also can specify none to the property border-style to hide the line

Welcome :). Happy to hear this solution help you out. Thank you.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Hello @Aniruddhokodali 

Where would i paste this code?  Thanks in advance!

So i found where you do this if you're using a default form. I created a customized form with powerapps and this option is no longer available. Also, i am embedding this form on a page and even when using the default form, the New Item still appears once it is embedded. Is there a way to remove the New Item header after it is embedded? Maybe a snipit of code that goes into iframe?

@SPrice1510 

You need to create a application cusomizer and deploy it app catalog. Thanks. 

Can you please provide some screenshots.?

@Aniruddhokodali 

Attached is a screenshot of a simple form (customized form) that is embedded on a sp page.  I cannot figure out how to get New item to go away.   Even using the default form, your json removed the new item but once it is embedded into a page, the New item header is still present.  Thanks in advance.

Formscreenshot.png

@SPrice1510 

I just tested a PowerApps form embedded on a sp page and New Item hide completly. Is it possible for you to tell me the exact steps you are following now? Thanks

Aniruddhokodali_0-1657901271960.png

One quick question did you change the page URL in your application customizer with the current sp page where you embedded the powerapps form?
please change in serve.json page url with current sp page url where you embedded the powerapps form
"pageUrl": "page url ",
@Aniruddhokodali, would you please elaborate on how you could format the header? Which header? I would like to get this annoying "New Item" label out of the new list form that I am creating. Thank you.