SOLVED

How to get the "find an item" seach bar?

Copper Contributor

How can i get the "find an item" search bar, so i can search in a list. And not being redirected to a search result page. 

I am using sharepoint 2013. 

5 Replies
best response confirmed by Christian_hansen (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Christian_hansen,

You need to check the Display search box option under Miscellaneous section in list web part settings to enable search in SharePoint list.

Check this article for more information: SharePoint 2013: Missing Search Box 

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

I have the same issue on a different site collection at this time. My webpart and views are the same however I am still missing the "find a file/item" search bar on all lists and libraries. Oh, this a new site collection created. Any ideas?

@Dark_and_Stormy Which version of SharePoint you are using?

Are you using SharePoint online modern experience? My above answer is specific to SharePoint server classic experience.

Please consider giving a Like if my post helped you in any way.

I am using the SP 2013 Server Enterprise according to the Farm Admin..
Thanks !!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Christian_hansen (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Christian_hansen,

You need to check the Display search box option under Miscellaneous section in list web part settings to enable search in SharePoint list.

Check this article for more information: SharePoint 2013: Missing Search Box 

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post