How to Get Conversations (Yammer) Web Part to work on Classic Site

Steel Contributor

We have our main SharePoint site that has many doc libraries, and subsites and subsites for a few years now.  Modern wasn't available when they were all created so have kept them all as Classic.

Our main source of communication is using Yammer and the only way to show the feeds is with the code to add but is very, very limited.  I really like how the Conversations web part works on other "Pages" that I've created but our main site is not yet a page or modern.

I know that you can convert a Site to an O365 Group where in it converts it to modern, but because of all the site links and permissions etc, we're not ready to fully convert everything.  

I know there are way to modernized parts of a site to get more of the modern usage?  I'd just like to be able to add the Conversations onto our main page so users see it.  We have our main SharePoint site set as the default homepage for Chrome so it forces users to look at it.

Any suggestions for getting that to work in Classic?

1 Reply

@luvsql There is no way to use the Modern Yammer Web Part on a classic SharePoint page.

Your only option if you are keeping classic, would be to include a Yammer feed by embedding it in a Script Editor Web Part. 

This is outlined in the Yammer Integration Documentation https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/yammer/integrate-yammer-with-other-apps/embed-a-feed-into-a-sharepo...