SOLVED

How to get calender in Modern Site?

Copper Contributor

I have created classic calender in sharepoint on-premises, and i try to migrate from on-premises to Sharepoint online,there it is showing the same classic experience.So,i created a calender view for that to get the modern experience, and also in site pages i created a events web part to get the modern experience,I tried these two ways to get the modern experience in the sharepoint online.Is that only way or there is any other way to get it in modern?

4 Replies

@Jaswanthi In modern experience, you have below ways to use calendar/events:

1. Create custom/blank list & then Create a modern Calendar view in SharePoint Online/Microsoft Lists 
  2. Use SharePoint default Events list and web part - does not actually show the "calendar" view
  3. Use custom SPFx web parts

If you want to migrate classic calendar list to modern calendar, check my answer for more information at: Migrate Classic Calendar to Modern  

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

best response confirmed by Jaswanthi (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Jaswanthi Does this answer your question? Let me know if you still need any help with this.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Yes,Thank you.

@Jaswanthi Can you explain the approach you used for this?

It will be helpful for other community members looking for same in future.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Jaswanthi (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Jaswanthi Does this answer your question? Let me know if you still need any help with this.

View solution in original post