SOLVED

How to display something that's not a single line text column in Gallery View?

Iron Contributor

I have an employee list we use as a company address book of sorts. I have a card view showing in a widget on our main SPO site that displays the most recent hires. This shows Name, Department, Job Title, Email, and Phone. I'm not able to get the employee's Region to display in the card view because this is a Choice column instead of a Text column. 

I've tried a Calculate column and a Lookup column but neither of these are visible in the Card Editor. Is there some other way I can get this information to display in a Gallery view? 

4 Replies

@Anthony-123 Are you unable to see the column in Card designer in view formatting? For example:

ganeshsanap_0-1669092355100.png

If it is available here, try selecting your column in "Card designer" available in SharePoint by default.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

The column is not in the card designer. My understanding is that only single line text columns are options for the card designer so my question is, how might it be possible (using other column types or JSON) to display columns that are not single line text columns?

@Anthony-123 My understanding is that only single line text columns are options for the card designer

This is not true. I can add single line of text, date, multiple lines of text, choice, lookup, person or group, even managed metadata columns as well from Card designer.

The one column highlighted in image in my above response is "Multiple lines of text" column in list.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

best response confirmed by Anthony-123 (Iron Contributor)
Solution
Got it. I first had to add the column to the List view then it was available in the Gallery view.

I wrongly assumed that all columns for the list should be available in Gallery view.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Anthony-123 (Iron Contributor)
Solution
Got it. I first had to add the column to the List view then it was available in the Gallery view.

I wrongly assumed that all columns for the list should be available in Gallery view.

View solution in original post