How to convert a classic site to a modern site without connecting it to O365 group

Copper Contributor

Hello fellow community members & experts,

I would like to know if it is possible to convert a Sharepoint online classic site to a modern site without connecting it to O365 group. If yes, how could I do it?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

3 Replies
Hi,
You can easily transform a classic site into a modern one by following this article I wrote a hile ago: https://regarding365.com/automatically-transforming-a-classic-sharepoint-site-into-a-modern-one-6d79...
Thank you Juan Carlos,

I appreciate your quick reply and guiding me to your article.

I do not want the converted site to be linked to O365 group. What I am looking for is convet our existing classic site to a "Team Site without Office 365 Group".

Could you please confirm that this transformed site will be a "TEAM SITE WITHOUT CONNECTING TO O365 GROUP"? We do not want a "Communication Site"
Hi,
Have you read my article? It explains how you can modernize your site without attaching a Group to the site...and for your information, you cannot convert an existing site to another site type such as comm site, that answers your second question. You are just modernizing your site so you have a modern home page that you can customize to fit your needs.