SOLVED

How to change email in delivery method

Iron Contributor

How to change the email for delivery method on SharePoint cannot change it to another email. Is it possible to make a specific group of people have received the alert? 

gmj12345_1-1684121224196.png

4 Replies

@gmj12345 You can try using M365 group or Azure AD email enabled security group in Send Alerts to field to send emails to group of users while creating a new alert.

However, you will not be able to change the Delivery method - Send me alerts by email address: 

ganeshsanap_0-1684131630573.pngCheck below related Microsoft documentations:

1. Create an alert to get notified when a file or folder changes in SharePoint 
  2. Manage, view, or delete SharePoint alerts 

For any advanced scenarios like customizing email templates, changing from email address in emails, etc. you have to use the Power automate flows to send email notifications.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

If you notice my interface is different from your interface how is that possible?

gmj12345_0-1684132320714.png

My objective here is to have other people to receive the alert instead my of email add :)

@ganeshsanap 

My objective here

best response confirmed by gmj12345 (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@gmj12345 You are viewing existing alert settings and I have attached screenshot of creating a new alert page, hence it is different.

Try creating a new alert with group of users as mentioned above, follow below image and documentation links given in my above response: 

ganeshsanap_0-1684134349136.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

I see now your sample is a site page while I am trying to do it on a particular channel

gmj12345_0-1684136674646.png

@ganeshsanap 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by gmj12345 (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@gmj12345 You are viewing existing alert settings and I have attached screenshot of creating a new alert page, hence it is different.

Try creating a new alert with group of users as mentioned above, follow below image and documentation links given in my above response: 

ganeshsanap_0-1684134349136.png

View solution in original post