How to change document preview background color

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have a Document Library on SharePoint that holds some AutoCAD files. SharePoint offers a nice viewer for these files, but the background is white making it very hard to see details in the files. Is there a way to change the background previewer to black? 

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

3 Replies
Unfortunately, it's not possible to make any customization

@CamCov This is SharePoint default behavior with white background for document preview.

There are no SharePoint out of the box settings available for changing the background color of document preview.

I will suggest you to check if you can do something with SharePoint JSON formatting. Here is the related documentation for using filepreview element type in JSON: JSON formatting-syntax-reference filepreview 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Hi @ganeshsanap ,

I was only able to change the icon preview color when in list view. 

These are AutoCAD files, so when you click on them it opens a full screen preview window that has a white background. This white background makes it very hard to see the drawing in the file. 

I would like to update the full screen preview window to have a black background. I feel like we are on the right track, so additional help or direction would be great!