SOLVED

How to add users to SP Group through the interface when having read Permission on the Site (SP2016)

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I am an Owner of a SharePoint Group named "IT Group". Therefore, I can add and remove members from this group. I have also Read Permission on the Site Collection. The only way I know to manage my SharePoint Group is through the following url : https://{mysitecollection}/_layouts/15/people.aspx?MembershipGroupId=10 because I could not reach the "IT Group" members Page through the SharePoint Interface as I used to do by going Site Actions > Site Settings > Users ans Permissions > People and Groups (Site Setting link is not more visible from Site Action).

Is there another way for me to access the "IT Group" Members Page through the SharePoint interface ?

Thanks,

Arioule

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Arioule (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Arioule 

If you have only read permissions on SharePoint site level then all the UI options related to site permissions will be hidden from you. There is no way you can navigate to particular group permissions from out of the box UI options.

You can also try to check if you can access "Site Permissions" page using URL:

<site-url>/_layouts/user.aspx

As a workaround you can create a quick link on navigation/SharePoint page which redirects to particular group URL.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Arioule (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Arioule 

If you have only read permissions on SharePoint site level then all the UI options related to site permissions will be hidden from you. There is no way you can navigate to particular group permissions from out of the box UI options.

You can also try to check if you can access "Site Permissions" page using URL:

<site-url>/_layouts/user.aspx

As a workaround you can create a quick link on navigation/SharePoint page which redirects to particular group URL.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post