How to add new value for multiple items in a multi selectable choice column of a SharePoint List?

Brass Contributor

Hi :)

I can't find any other post or solution about my problem so here my question:

I build a custom SharePoint List (Adress List). In this list I created a multi selectable choice column.
Now I want to update more then one item in that list (maybe ten or more). So I select all items I want to update and open the details pane on the right in SharerPoint modern experience. Here I have the possibility to update all the selected Items. But when I update the multi selectable choice column, all old values from the selected items get lost and will be overwritten with the new selection I did in the details pane.
So how can I update/add a new value of the choice field for many selected items, without getting lost the old choices of the items? I just want to add a value of the choice field to the items and not overwrite it! Is that easily possible or do I have to use Flow for this workaround?

I hope you understand my question. If not please ask me to explain it a bit more :)
Thanks a lot

Michael

2 Replies

@lotz-hellerau  Unfortunately, there is no OOTB way around for this. Did you try using Quick edit feature, it will preserve the old values but you have to manually select the new choice option in each row. 

@unnie ayilliath there is no way to do it manually, because the number of items for selection could be 100 and more, where all items have individual choices...