SOLVED

How to add automatically populated created by column to lists in teams

Copper Contributor

Using Lists in teams, bug ticket template. I would like a column that fills with name of creator. Currently there is a cell you populate by choosing name of person in the org, meaning you can add anyone's name. We have a user per site so im trying to know what "sites" created a bug report. But if they have to fill it in them selves they could add the wrong site. 

Similarly id like a column that had a automatically filled "created Date" currently the field is set to default today. but can be edited, i want it locked in at time of creating the task. 

4 Replies

@ThanksInAdvance why not just use the auto-populated system columns Created By for the person and Created for the date?

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Thats sounds perfect. i couldnt see anything like that in the "The type of information in this column" is this in a separate view in list/teams?
best response confirmed by ThanksInAdvance (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ThanksInAdvance In your list, click the dropdown next to any of the column headers, click column settings then Show/Hide columns and select Created By and Created. You can drag them into whatever position you want them in the list. Then click Apply.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

perfect. thanks so much cant believe it was that simple.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThanksInAdvance (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ThanksInAdvance In your list, click the dropdown next to any of the column headers, click column settings then Show/Hide columns and select Created By and Created. You can drag them into whatever position you want them in the list. Then click Apply.

Rob
Los Gallardos

View solution in original post