How to add a copy block next to a photo in a SharePoint page?

Copper Contributor

I am trying to add an image with a block of copy next to it in a SharePoint newsletter page.

I can see how to add a picture.

I can see how to add a block of text.

But I cannot see how to place a photo with a paragraph of copy to the right of it. Shouldn't be that difficult to do.

Is there any way to do a SharePoint page?

3 Replies

@TDiz1 The only way to do this that I'm aware of is to add a new section that is comprised of two columns, then you can add the image to one column, the text to the other.

Then add another section with single column to return to full width copy. It's not the best experience to be honest but it does work.

@TDiz1 as @Paul Hunt - Cimares has said, the only way to do this is to have a 2, 3 or one-third right/left column layout in your section. Unfortunately it's not possible to put an image in a text web part and have the text wrap round it. You can vote for this in a uservoice request at https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/forums/329214-sites-and-collaboration/suggestions/35759980-text-web...

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

The problem with this solution you're suggesting is that it makes the section way too big. Too much screen real estate.
I need to be able to contain this within 1/2 of the width of the row. Within a two colunm row