SOLVED

How to access sharepoint site from other organisations than home organisation

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have a problem accessing some sharepoint sites, which is connected to an organisation, which is not my home organisation. 

When I go https://myaccount.microsoft.com/organizations, I can see both my home organisation and the other organisation 

I have access to the organisation's sharepoint site, as I can access it from an email sent to me. This is the only way right now. 

I there is a solution to this

Best Regards,

Esben  

2 Replies
best response confirmed by EsbenSteeper (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@EsbenSteeper the myaccount URL lists the organisations where you have a Guest account but doesn't give you access to the environment. The best option is to save the URL from the invite email as a bookmark in your web browser. 

If it is a site multiple people access then you add a link in your home tenant's SharePoint e.g. use a Quick Links webpart on a page .

Hi @Steve Knutson 

Thank you. I will do it like that 

Best Regards, 

Esben 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by EsbenSteeper (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@EsbenSteeper the myaccount URL lists the organisations where you have a Guest account but doesn't give you access to the environment. The best option is to save the URL from the invite email as a bookmark in your web browser. 

If it is a site multiple people access then you add a link in your home tenant's SharePoint e.g. use a Quick Links webpart on a page .

View solution in original post