How is spell check enabled on SharePoint?

Brass Contributor

I realised that when some of my colleague edits a SharePoint page, everything is marked as incorrect - it looks all "red" and they get a little Microsoft Editor layer, when they hover over it. It appears like SharePoint online is running an internal spell check based on Microsoft Editor automatically. Can someoe tell where to enable/disable a built-in spell check on sharepoint pages?

Has anyone encountered this or has an idea on this topic? Thanks

3 Replies

@omaderemi Microsoft recently introduced this Spellcheck and Grammar feature in SharePoint online.

You can find more information about this feature at:

1. M365 Roadmap: SharePoint: MSFT Editor Spellcheck and Grammar in SharePoint Pages 
  2. Message center in M365 admin center: MC308286 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Thank you for the feedback

@omaderemi You're welcome!

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.