How do you make this?

Brass Contributor

I saw a video by DOCK 365, which is a contract management solution. It looks pretty cool and slick and I am sure who has done t hat is a computer wiz.  Is it possible for users like me to make this type of a layout in SharePoint?  How complicated is this?

VeeExcelLearn_0-1663151834487.png

3 Replies

@VeeExcelLearn It all depends on your requirements. But, if you are trying to create a custom solution for SharePoint online modern experience, you can create it using SharePoint framework.

SharePoint framework offers different components (web parts, extensions, etc.) which will fit for different scenarios/requirements. I will suggest you to go through above documentation link for detailed information.

Also, check SPFx web part samples submitted by community members which will give you idea about the capabilities of SharePoint framework: sp-dev-fx-webparts samples 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@VeeExcelLearn just an alternative and not meaning to step on @ganeshsanap's post, if your company is anything like mine, even if you are the Power Platform manager you might not have the relevant permissions to use SPFx. I don't have access to SPFx and don't know it so I would always look to do something like this in Power Apps with SharePoint as the backend. There are good videos on YouTube by Shane Young about starting with Power Apps.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@RobElliott Definitely, we can use combination of SharePoint, Power apps and Power automate as well for development.

• SharePoint - backend to store data
  • Power Apps - UI for application
  • Power automate - automation and workflows

@VeeExcelLearn As I said it in my earlier response, IT DEPENDS on the user requirements. For quicker and easier solutions, you can use power platform with SharePoint. 

For complex solutions with development experience, you can use SharePoint framework.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.