SOLVED

How do you delete one of those new Team Sites?

Iron Contributor

I just made one as a test but now I can't get rid of it.

14 Replies

Hi Chris,

Simply go to your teams apps, select teams from the left menu - this will list all the teams you have. Use the three ... elipses menu and click delete team. That should do it for you.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Jasjit

Hi Jasjit,

I'm afraid I can't figure out what "teams apps" means. Where do I find that?

Thanks!

best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Outlook -> Go to the group -> Click on Edit Group in the ribbon -> Delete group button:

delete.PNG

That worked!

But I have to say, wow! Who's in charge over at Microsoft of this UX desicion? A SharePoint feature must be interacted with through Outlook desktop?

Surely, this isn't the only way to delete the new Team Sites. Right?

Hi Chris,

There are more ways but this is the easiest way I found. In general where you create the groups you can also delete them. 

So another way is to use the PnP PowerShell commands whcih gives you an option to create and an option to delete.

In OWA, if you prefer it, it's similar: go to the Group -> click on the gear in the upper right -> choose Edit Group -> Delete button is at the bottom of the panel.

It sounds like the new Team Site has very little to do with SharePoint at all. Is that correct?

When I created it I recognized it as looking to have been built on top of the new Groups functionality but, it's looking like it's not actually a SharePoint feature at all. But Microsoft is touting it as SharePoint.

When you create a Group (which is a construct in AAD), among the other things you automatically create a connected team site (which lives in SharePoint).

Why do you think that team sites have little to do with SharePoint?

It uses the new framework SPfX
Groups are built on Azure AD as angular stone but also on Exchange Online and SharePoint Online
I'm sorry MS but what a jumbled mess Sharepoint is. Impossible for someone new to Sharepoint to navigate. I also do not understand how a team site is removed.

HI @Deleted, 

This question should really have been asked in a new thread as it messes up the posts a bit. The deletion of a team is easy. Go to the Team in the Teams app and click on the ellipses next to the team that you want to delete and select the Delete the team option. You will only have this option if you have permissions to delete the team.

DeleteTeam.PNG

I'm sure it's easy if you already know how to do it. I wouldn't have had to ask if it was easy for everyone, but thank you for the information
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Outlook -> Go to the group -> Click on Edit Group in the ribbon -> Delete group button:

delete.PNG

View solution in original post