How do I restore a SharePoint page from the preservation hold library?

Copper Contributor

Hi

Scenario: A user deletes a SharePoint page; the page gets deleted from both first and second level recycle bin. In our platform we have a 10-year retention policy.

The SharePoint page is now deleted completely, but it is still in the ‘Preservation Hold Library’ in the site.

Bonus info: I have downloaded the page from the 'Preservation Hold Library' and it contains only the following code: 

<%@ Assembly Name="Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=16.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c"%>
<%@ Page Language="C#" Inherits="Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.ClientSidePage" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint" %>
<%@ Register Tagprefix="SharePoint" Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls" Assembly="Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=16.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" %>
<%@ Register Tagprefix="Utilities" Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities" Assembly="Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=16.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint" %>
<%@ Assembly Name="Microsoft.Web.CommandUI, Version=16.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" %>
<!--no-store-props-->

My questions are:

Can I restore the page from the preservation hold library?

And how do I do that?

1 Reply