How do I create an employee buy & sell (a.k.a. classified ads) site?

Iron Contributor

What is the best way to create an employee buy & sell site, i.e. a classified ads? The site should allow employees to self-post items for sale, search for items, and ideally respond with comments or easily reach out to the employee that posted the ad.

Is there a SharePoint out-of-the-box web part for this, or a free/low-cost 3rd party add on?

5 Replies
Unfortunately there is not an out of the box WebPart for this...take a look at the SPFx Git Hub Repositories, you might find something there
No reason a simple SharePoint list couldn't handle this. You could take it next level with a PowerApp tied to a SharePoint list, some of those Templates a close to what you need you could probably tweak it to what you need.

Just depends how far you want to go with it, but low end, SharePoint list would work just fine, you could add flows so that people get alerts for certain actions etc. on the list. Etc. But you def. could make this work out with integrated tools.
If the requirements are simple for sure you can handle this with a list, but looking at the description the "go to the next level" is going to be required either with PowerApps or some SPFx. I have had this request from some customers and we always have ended doing some development to have a nice Front and to provide the functionalities required

@Rob BarkerDepending on requirements a list with some view formatting would get most, if not all of what you need. There is a bulletin board example on the view formatting GitHub page. Add in some flows if necessary and you've got a nice solution.

@Scott Bawden how do I get that into my SharePoint List? Do I use Powershell?