SOLVED

How can you make an email address active on a modern SharePoint page?

Copper Contributor

I would like to make an email active - meaning the user can click on it and open it up in Outlook.  Is my only option to create a PowerApp of is there any easier way to set this up?

10 Replies

@ChristyRoach add a text web part to your page and just type in the link. Or add text and then select the link icon to enter the url. This will open a new email in the browser edition of Office 365 Outlook, not the desktop version.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User 

best response confirmed by ChristyRoach (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ChristyRoachI've used both the Button and the Call to Action web parts to add an email link. 

In the link, put "mailto:emailaddress"

I was trying to do the same thing and the field will not allow me to add an email address, I have https:// and it won't allow me type mailto:emailaddress over it.

Do you have any suggestions? @ChristyRoach 

@RobElliott 

thanks @ChristyRoach @RobElliott maybe a possible sharepoint upgrade? to allow links to email addresses

@martricedenson in case it helps, the attached video shows 3 ways of adding a link to an email address on a SharePoint page.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super Use

Thank you, the first method works. @RobElliott 

Add Button web part to the page and click edit the web part and name label and write the email.

Manny2020_0-1636750864251.png

Manny2020_1-1636750996610.png

@martricedenson 

It's strange, none of the methods work. It keeps defaulting to https:// even when I type mailto. Do you think this is a default setting in the SharePoint site I'm using?
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ChristyRoach (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ChristyRoachI've used both the Button and the Call to Action web parts to add an email link. 

In the link, put "mailto:emailaddress"

View solution in original post