How can students and teachers see upcoming and current assignments from Teams in SharePoint?

Copper Contributor

Hello

When viewing a SharePoint page I want to show a student/teacher their upcoming and current assignments that have been assigned in Assignments in Teams.

From my research I can see a company has developed the ability to do this https://www.tonyishere.co.uk/add-students-upcoming-assignments-to-your-schools-sharepoint-home-page/ which is great but we don't have the budget to buy into this service.  

Can anyone suggest how I can develop this or similar myself?

Thanks

2 Replies

@npsEDU one way to do it if you have Power Apps is to develop an app with a SharePoint list as the data source. The app would have a gallery filtered on the current logged in user and be displayed on the SharePoint page with the Power Apps web part. There's a bit of a lewarning curve there but some very good videos on YouTube to get you started, particularly those by Shane Young.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@RobElliott 

Can you suggest how the Assignment information would get into the SharePoint list?

Thanks